SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master With SASM® CertificationDuration : 2 Days
Associated Certification: SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
Now that you have mastered the techniques required to be a Scrum Master, let’s take a further step to function at the program level and assume the role of a Release Train Engineer (RTE). Becoming a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master will certify you for the RTE role and will qualify you to function at the program level within a large organization.
This two-day course enables you to gain the skills needed to apply SAFe® and lead high performance agile teams. SASM certification is a key differentiator for individuals looking for leadership roles in a SAFe enterprise environment.
Participants will learn how to facilitate cross team interactions, scale DevOps practices, apply Kanban techniques to optimize the flow of value and understand methods to prevent anti patterns of Scrum and Agile in the enterprise. The course offers actionable tools and techniques for building high performance teams.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
Excelerus offers a 10% lifelong training discount to returning customers. Also, customers who register for a recommended course within 6 months of completing a SAFe primary course with Excelerus will receive 40% discount off the full course fee.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- SAFe framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedback survey
- Access to the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam – requires course attendance
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) attendance certificate upon request
Attendees of the SAFe SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice, True/False
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam
- Exam Access: First attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 82
- Passing Score: 57 (70%)
- Updates: Feb 20, 2017 – exam duration increased from 75 minutes to 120 minutes
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the SASM certification mark