Upcoming Schedule :Registration Fee - CAD 839.30
* Reserve your spot today & enjoy big savings! Early registration ends May, 26th. Register Now.
Registration Fee - CAD 839.30
* Reserve your spot today & enjoy big savings! Early registration ends Jul, 14th. Register Now.
Registration Fee - CAD 839.30
* Reserve your spot today & enjoy big savings! Early registration ends Sep, 1st. Register Now.
Registration Fee - CAD 839.30
* Reserve your spot today & enjoy big savings! Early registration ends Oct, 5th. Register Now.
SAFe® Scrum Master With SSM® CertificationDuration : 2 Days
Associated Certification: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM)
If you are looking for the right starting point for your agile journey, this course is a great place to start. This course will prepare people in the fields of project management, business analysis, and technical development to participate in (and run) an agile delivery.
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Your valued takeaways include practical tools and techniques as well as the underlying values and principles that Scrum is built on.
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 4 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification. This course is a requirement to qualify for taking the SSM Exam.
Excelerus offers a lifelong training discount to customers. Each customer is entitled to a lifetime training discount of 10% on any courses they take after their first course.
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
After this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
In this course you will:
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or on an Agile transformation are welcome to attend. The SAFe® Scrum Master Course is intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master or people eager to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe or scaled agile context. The following background helps accelerate class learning:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbooks
- PDF workbooks
- Course certificate
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Access to the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam – attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- SAFe Certification Kit – after passing the exam
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 4 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned. Renewal fee is $100 USD paid directly to Scaled Agile Inc.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) And Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Scrum Master course
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
- Sample Test Questions