SAFe® Scrum Master With SSM® CertificationDuration : 2 Days
Associated Certification: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM)
In this two-day course, you will gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Excelerus SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
This course inspects the challenges of Scrum Masters in hybrid traditional/Agile environments, problems with Enterprise agility, getting the Lean message across and understanding the importance of the role of Scrum Master in the context of a larger enterprise.
You will also learn the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise and how to facilitate and participate in successful sprint alignment across multiple teams, gain insights into managing corporate conflict and to enable high performance teams.
Your valued takeaways include practical tools and techniques as well as the underlying values and principles that Scrum is built on.
Excelerus offers a lifelong training discount to customers. Each customer is entitled to a lifetime training discount of 10% on any courses they take after their first course.
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New or existing Scrum Masters
- Team Leads
- Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
In this course you will:
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend. The SAFe® Scrum Master Course is intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master or people eager to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe or scaled agile context.
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbooks
- PDF workbooks
- Course certificate
- Access to the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam – requires course attendance
Professional Development Units (PDUs) And Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based; Open Book
- Exam Access: First attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam Duration: Candidates have 30 days from course completion date to answer all questions and submit their exam
- Number of Questions: 43
- Passing Score: 31 (72%)